Traveling to Vancouver Island
Option #1: FLY
- Fly direct from Vancouver Airport (YVR) to Comox Airport (YQQ) on Central Mountain Air or Pacific Coastal – then taxi or shuttle to your hotel.
- Fly on a float plane direct from downtown Vancouver to Comox Harbour on Harbour Air (25 minutes) – then taxi or shuttle to your hotel
Option #2: FERRY then SHUTTLE
FERRY: Take the 1.5 hour ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (For schedules see BC Ferries Information or call toll-free 1-888-223-3779) **Reservations for ferries are available, and recommended, on select Mainland – Vancouver Island routes. You’ll need a credit card handy when you call.
SHUTTLE: Island Link Express Bus, pick up at Departure Bay Ferry Terminal in Nanaimo. Drop-off location – Petro-Can (takes about 1.5 hours). You must make a reservation in advance for this shuttle.
Drop-off for Island Link:
- If you are staying at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa you will need to be dropped off at the Driftwood Mall location and shuttle (you will need to pre-arrange this with the Kingfisher – call 1-800-663-7929) or take a short taxi ride (call United Cabs – 250-339-7955).
- If you are staying at the Old House Village Hotel, drop-off will be at the Petro-Can gas station, which is across the street from the Old House Village Hotel.
Option #3: FERRY then RENT A CAR
FERRY: Take the 1.5 hour ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay **Reservations for ferries are available, and recommended, on select Mainland – Vancouver Island routes. You’ll need a credit card handy when you call.
RENT A CAR: Budget (about and hour drive north to Courtenay)
The Comox Valley is approximately 2.5 hours north of Victoria by car.
Option #1: SHUTTLE: ISLAND LINK EXPRESS BUS
- Island Link provides a passenger express bus service between most Vancouver Island points and BC Ferries’ services at Nanaimo Departure Bay. The Island Link website has plenty of information on traveling to our area from all over British Columbia (including from the Vancouver International Airport). You will need to be dropped off at the Driftwood Mall location in Courtenay then shuttle (pre-arrange this with the Kingfisher – call 1-800-663-7929) or take a short taxi ride (call United Cabs – 250-339-7955) to your hotel.
Option #2: RENT A CAR
- Budget is across the street from the Comfort Inn (your last hotel).
AFTER THE TOUR
Leaving Campbell River
If your tour ends in Campbell River. Here are a few options:
Option #1: Reserve a Shuttle
Before you arrive, book the Island Link: express bus to take you to Victoria, Tofino, or the Departure Bay ferry in Nanaimo (this will take you to Horseshoe Bay in Vancouver). Arrange to pick up at Tyee Plaza in front of the Tourism Information Centre (a short walk from the Comfort Inn, your last hotel).
Option #2: Joy Ride’s Shuttle
You can pre-book our shuttle online. It will take you back to the Comox Valley, the Comox Marina (if you’re taking a float plane), or Comox Airport.
Option #3: Fly
– Fly direct to the Vancouver Airport (YVR) Central Mountain Air or Pacific Coastal
– Fly direct from the Comox Marina to downtown Vancouver on Harbour Air (25 minutes) – this is our favourite choice. 🙂